Data Analytics Certificate
The Certificate in Data Analytics is a 4-course, affordable option for professionals who need to upgrade their IT skills to meet current market demands.
More and more organizations are collecting large amounts of data, both structured and unstructured. There is a real need for professionals who can analyze and interpret such data, detect patterns, identify new decision alternatives and make predictions.
Data analytics is the systematic analysis and interpretation of data using various computational and statistical tools in order to support decision-making based on the scientific method.
This program will prepare you to create, develop and implement data models as well as work with big data sets using a real-world data cluster managed in-house to derive insights and make recommendations.
An applied curriculum based on machine learning and statistical techniques, visualization tools and R language provides students the necessary skills to launch their careers into data analytics domain in any industry.
- A completed application and non-refundable application fee
- Evidence of an interview with an admission counselor
- Official transcripts showing a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. Normally, a grade point average of approximately 3.0 or higher in upper division undergraduate work is expected
Specifically, by completing the certificate program in Data Analytics, students will be able to:
- Understand the general framework surrounding data management, analytics and big data
- Assess organizational data and information requirements and construct data models
- Develop an ability to effectively clean, manipulate and visualize large volumes of data
- Apply machine learning and statistical tools to big data sets
- Make data-driven decisions based on analytics techniques
- Write professional reports and present findings to target audiences
Program Completion Time
The certificate can be completed in as little as six months, and is based on a sequence of four 3-unit graduate courses for a total of twelve credits. This requires enrollment for at least two terms, based on 11-week term schedules. The completion time does not account for any pre-requisite courses a student may need.
The program requires a solid quantitative background rooted in probability and statistics as well as programming.
Students will also choose any three of the electives below:
Tuition & Fees
|Tuition||Alumni: $450 per credit
Non-Alumni: $555 per credit
|Technology Fee||$60 per term|
|Application Fee||$25 online
|Late Registration Fee
for registration submitted after the add/drop deadline
|Late Transaction Fee
for employer reimbursement applications
received after the second week of the semester
|Transcript Fee||$5.00 minimum
Additional fees may apply, refer to the Registrar's site
All fees are subject to change without notice. The University reserves the right to change, delete or add to this pricing schedule as deemed appropriate. Transcripts and diploma will not be released for any student who has an outstanding balance owed to Cal Lutheran.