Advancing academic scholarship, research and support
The Office of Sponsored Research and Projects (OSRP) collaborates with faculty and staff to identify and secure grants for research and programs that advance Cal Lutheran's mission. Consultation with OSRP is required for faculty and staff seeking external funding.
Grant Process Overview
Prepare to apply and find funding sources
- Design your program or research project. Complete a literature review if applicable.
- Write a one-page summary of your proposed program or project.
- Explore and identify funding prospects. (See Find Funding.)
- .Request initial meeting with OSRP.
Apply for Funding
- Submit a Grant Request Form with information about the funder. (See Grant Initiation Instructions.)
- OSRP will create a timeline, working backward from the funder's deadline.
- Write a proposal and budget according to funder's instructions and in consultation with OSRP.
- Allow three weeks for internal approvals and submission.
- OSRP will provide any standard documents requested, such as financial and tax documents.
Manage Your Project or Program
- Comply with grant stipulations.
- Manage funds.
- Maintain records for reporting purposes.
- Adhere to reporting requirements and deadlines.
- For more information, see the Post-Award section of our website.
Notice for faculty interested in the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) summer stipends:
If more than two faculty express interest in applying to NEH's Summer Stipends grant program, Cal Lutheran must conduct an internal competition. Below are relevant deadlines. Please contact OSRP with any questions.
August 1, 2023, 5:00 p.m. Pre-Proposal due to the Office of Sponsored Research and Projects
August 8, 2023, 5:00 p.m. Selection of applicants/Feedback to all participants
September 14, 2023 Selected applicants submit revised proposals for internal approval
September 20, 2023 Selected applicants submit full proposals to NEH