"Come as you are. Take what you need."
The Cal Lutheran Community Cupboard, located in the Samuelson Chapel lounge, provides non-perishable food items, grocery store gift cards, and Ullman Common guest meals to any current student who may need some additional support.
We ask nothing of students except that they take only what they need and leave the rest for others.
The Community Cupboard is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. If you need assistance in accessing the cupboard, please contact Campus Safety.
Interested in helping support our Cupboard?
- Host a food drive on campus or within the community! Campus Ministry would love to assist you in setting one up. Email James Esparza to learn more.
- Share ideas for community partnerships (food banks, local farms, etc.) with the Campus Ministry team.
- Sponsor a "starter kit" for our Community Cupboard. Starter kits provide students with basic kitchen items to help support nutritious, homemade meals. Kits include: a pot, spatula, can opener, sponge, dishsoap, a measuring cup, and a dishtowel. $25 covers the cost of a starter kit for a student in need.
- Sponsor a batch of Trader Joe's gift cards. On average, the Community Cupboard hands out approximately 15-20 $10 gift cards every week to help subsidize the rising cost of food for those who many need a little extra assistance. That totals over $600 a month in gift cards alone. Consider sponsoring a batch total of your choosing for our Trader Joe's gift card program.
- Help us stock the shelves! We are constantly re-stocking the shelves for our cupboard.
Whether it's through item donations, or monetary support to go towards restocking
the shelves for our students -- every bit helps and is very much appreciated.
- Check out our Amazon Wishlist!
Click here to donate today!
Be sure to specify in the "leave a comment" section if your gift is meant for a specific area of support (Gift Cards, Starter Kits, etc).
Swipe Out Hunger Program:
Sodexo, Swipe Out Hunger, and Cal Lutheran are partnering to fight student food insecurity. Sodexo, has provided meals to establish a Meal Swipe Bank for food insecure students. Students may request swipes by using the below Swipe Out Meal Request Form. Once meal swipes are distributed from the Meal Swipe Bank to those students' ID cards, those meals can be redeemed simply by swiping in at Ullman Commons as "guest meals".
To request meal swipes, please fill out this form.
Please note, it may take up to 48 hours for guest meals to be added to student IDs, Monday-Friday. Students will receive an emailed confirmation once guest meals have been added.
If you have any questions about the Community Cupboard, Swipe Out Hunger, or supporting these programs, please contact us at email@example.com.