To participate in a program through the Office of Education Abroad, a student:
- Must have appropriate class rank at the time of departure.
- To apply for any semester program, a student must have completed at least one semester of college-level coursework. Freshmen may apply during the second semester of their first year for a program in their second year. Transfer students may apply during their first semester at Cal Lutheran.
- For any short-term or faculty-led program, a student must have completed at least one semester at Cal Lutheran. First-year students may participate in programs over their first Winter Break, Spring Break, or Summer Break. You may apply as early as the fall of your first year.
- Must have a 2.80 GPA or higher. We encourage you to apply if your GPA is less than 2.80, but you would need to complete additional steps. Note that some programs may require higher GPAs, such as 3.0 or above. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Must not be on academic, financial, or judicial probation. All applicants will be reviewed for student conduct, holds on their Student Accounts, and academic integrity. Any infractions may require additional steps or result in cancellation of participation.
Please note that a given program may have additional eligibility requirements that supercede those of the Office of Education Abroad. Please confirm any such requirements with the host program before you apply.
In addition, students must submit an online application, provide supporting documents, and receive university approval for program nomination.